The Centers of Pediatric Palliative Care, like the Day Centers “San Gabriel” in San Jose and “Dr. Gastón Acosta Rúa” in Pérez Zeledón, are intermediate places between the Hospital and the hearth, where there is offered to him attention to patients whose handling needs treatment in a way that offers him professional resources and of cozy ambience.
At these Centers:
- We can educate the family and health personnel in fundamental aspects of palliative care.
- The focus is on the quality of life of the patient and his family, meeting all their needs.
- We seek to maximize the self-esteem, minimize your dependence and promote confidence.
- It provides a source of rest, for the people who care for the small.
- We guarantee the continuity of care and promote social interaction through community support networks.
- Wasting the isolation of patients and their families.
- Channelling community resources thus enabling them to join the voluntary work, thus achieving save economic resources.
At the day care centers we deliver to the patients and their families the following services:
- Medical Care.
- Spiritual support.
- Social Support.
- Psychological Support.
- Nursing care.
- Entertainment and games.
- Special Therapies: physical therapy, occupational therapy, art therapy, music therapy, among others.
- Education, training and support to enable the patients’ family to give the best attention and care to the sick children.
- Support Groups for parents or caregivers.
- Support Group for children and young people cared.
All of this, to provide a space for resting, relaxing, and sharing in family. We also have the support of trained volunteers, and supervised by the multidisciplinary team.